Market Research

Before creating my app I wanted to look at existing products that have a style or purpose similar to my concept. This helps me gauge what style I want to design my app and how best to layout and approach the idea that I have.

ChoreMonster

chore

How does it work?

For Parents

• Quickly and easily create scheduled chores with point values. When your child says they’re done, you approve and they get the points.
  • Add rewards that your kids “purchase” from their point collection. A reward can be anything from money to a camping trip.
  • Watch your kids willingly and enthusiastically do their chores, without the need of chore charts.

For Kids

• Sign into the ChoreMonster mobile or web app, designed especially for kids, and see their chores for the day.
  • Review all the possible rewards they can get and how much they’ll need to save to get them.
  • Along the way kids will earn random monsters for added fun and surprise.
  • Suddenly find themselves wanting to do chores!

I like the fun design elements that this app uses, although I would like the design of my application to be a little less child-like and sleeker so that it suits a wider target audience. The concept behind this application is pretty similar to what I am looking to create as it uses a reward system and admin system to set and monitor tasks. I will be sure to take some inspiration from this application when designing my brand and layout.

https://www.choremonster.com/

MediSafe

med

For patients: When is my next pill? We get it. Everyone needs some encouragement to sustain a new behavior. Medisafe gets people started by educating them about their meds and condition, then keeps them going by sharing progress, offering helpful tips, and curating tailored prescription coupons and special offers.

For physicians: How is my patient doing? Physicians can simply invite their patients to connect through Medisafe and adherence info as well as other health data is automatically brought into their dashboard.

For partners: How can I reach my customers? Medisafe goes way beyond the pill. We work with pharma, payors and others who share our passion for creating better patient outcomes through increased adherence.

Once again I chose an application that uses a record and reminder system. This one is aimed towards a more medical purpose and connects patients with doctors. The design of this one is a lot more simplified and basic to keep in with its medical purpose. I want to take some inspiration from the layout they use here, however, I want to inject some colour and fun into the design of it.

https://www.medisafe.com